Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Revolutions do NOT start on your couch

I'm taking this time to call out my fellow man. I did not see many familiar faces (from my own dealings) at the End The Fed rally. I'm sure there are several excuses as to why someone would not show up, but frankly, I'm not trying to hear it.

I slept approximately 6 hours between last Thursday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. I worked three 8 hour shifts. I walked from the Fed to the IRS building and back twice. Had my son with me, and nearly lost my laptop computer. And strained my voice screaming "End the fed!" and "No Labor Tax!"

I tell you this not because I'm a whiny asshole. But so you can contrast it to any sacrifices you make in your daily life in the struggle for change. The weekend before I got about the same amount of sleep due to handing out rally-promotion fliers on the Plaza and in Lawrence. Every Wednesday consists of me waking up at 8am-ish and doing a little internetting, and then Laundry, before the LRP meeting and then an 8 hour shift at work ending at 8am. (thats 24 hours of getting crap done) I'm told all the time that if I don't get a sleep routine that I'm going to have a heart attack by 30 (I'm sure the 2L of Mt. Dew 5 nights a week doesn't help, and the pack of Camel Wides a day doesn't help either)

Anywho, The reason this is becoming something I felt like blogging about is because so many people out there thinks that the way to change our society lies in sitting around chatting about it. W accomplished a great thing on Saturday. We had 3 speakers who all just came off of a campaign, 1 Republican, 1 Libertarian, and 1 Constitutional. Men from 3 parties able to agree that a problem exists large enough to become motivated. We had marchers from all across the political spectrum. From Anarchists to Communists everyone agreed that the Federal Reserve system only rewards big bankers.

Where we are, at the starting point of 2009 is up to you! Can you, a Christian Conservative, march along side a Liberal Gay if it means saving your country from financial collapse, followed by riots, and massive imprisonment of your fellow man? Can you, a bleeding heart Democrat hold hands with a small-government conservative in a call to end foreign imperialism?

I heard, as I was handing out literature, a few people laugh at the uphill battle of ending the Fed. A few others exclaimed "That's not my cause"

It's time for us to stop dividing ourselves based upon our label.

It's also time to stop thinking that this revolution can be won from back room discussions.

I had a "Chuck Baldwin" sign in my yard for months that said "Stop Illegal Aliens"
The Aliens weren't my cause. In Fact, I believe we need to stop Immigration for the safety and welfare OF the migrant worker. I thought of taking the sign down, but in the end, Baldwin's message fit into the grand scheme of things, and it "Wasn't my cause" but it was a part of the struggle towards a change in the end game.

I mention this scenario because I want you to keep an eye on www.libertyrestorationproject.org and other grassroots organizations for ways to be involved. I want you to twist your thoughts and ask yourself "Can I justify a greater good in this event, even if I don't 100% agree with this message or the way these other people are presenting it?"

And if not, then ask yourself if maybe you have a better idea at tackling these problems, and go anyway and interface with your community to try to get your ideas into the grassroots movement.

As long as we have exposure, the movement will grow.
As long as we allow ourselves to unite for the greater good, the movement will grow.

United We Stand, Divided We Fall, Land Of The Free, Home Of The Brave.

Help me keep it that way.

3 comments:

Marcus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry's Blog said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mile

Michael T Justice said...

Miles, Sorry I just got to read this. Thanks for the challenge. I feel like you personally called me out. I could have found a way to bring my kids with me. It really is that important. Keep up the fight. You are on point, we are going to have to set aside differences to fight the greater fight.